Arizona has been a leader in alternative risk since before captives were even part of the USA landscape. Since the early 1970's, Arizona has been a destination of choice for limited purpose reinsurance companies. These companies, known as " Life and Disability Reinsurers" (LDRs), have enjoyed many of the benefits realized by captive insurance companies. Arizona, with approximately 300 LDRs licensed, is already a leader in the captive/specialty reinsurer industry.
In 2001, USA Risk Group’s former Senior Vice President, Marc J. Lapointe was the visionary who authored and lobbied Arizona policymakers to introduce and implement captive insurance legislation. To this end, USA Risk Group was involved early on in the development of Arizona’s captive-enabling legislation (Title 20, Chapter 4, Article 14 of Arizona’s Revised Statutes). This legislation, sponsored by Rep. Ted Carpenter, and enthusiastically supported by the Arizona Department of Insurance, has paved the way for a stable and progressive captive environment in Arizona. Arizona is home to all of the necessary service providers to manage the on-going needs of your captive.
Captive Insurance in Arizona
Following the enactment of the Captive Insurance Act in 2001, Arizona quickly became one of the premier domiciles for captive insurers. USA Risk Group is the one of the largest captive managers in Arizona with over 30 captives under management. We are located in Scottsdale, Arizona and are near to both the Insurance Department and the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport; one of the largest airport in the country.
Why Choose Arizona for Your Captive
There are many choices when selecting a captive domicile, but Arizona offers:
- Accessibility/Desirability: Arizona is an accessible, affordable and attractive destination for both personal and professional objectives.
- Infrastructure: Arizona has been a leading state for alternative risk since the early 1970’s with all of the service and support mechanisms necessary to complement it.
- Regulatory: Arizona’s Department of Insurance has responsibility for regulating almost 3000 insurers. Within that regulatory framework, a separate division solely dedicated to Captive Insurers has been created and is supported by a staff of professionals averaging 23 years in the industry.
- Costs: Arizona is one of the most cost efficient states in which to conduct business with a broad range of support services and accommodations.
- Taxes: Arizona captive insurers do not pay premium taxes.
Cedar Consulting, LLC
18860 Geauga Lake Road
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
Toll Free: 800/872-7475 x2391
Harry Rodgers, Vice President Business Development
USA Risk Group Managers, Inc.
Toll Free: 800/872-7475 x 2220