This is a great opportunity for an accounting professional to work for a leading captive insurance management company in either our Barre or Burlington, Vermont OR Charleston or Greenville, South Carolina locations. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, continuing education reimbursement and short and long term disability.
This position is responsible for the day to day management of a portfolio of captive insurance clients. Your primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Preparation of financial statements
· Client financial and management accounting
· Regulatory compliance
· Client administrative functions
· Presentation at client board meetings
· Serving as principal client liaison
· Coordination of client service providers
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able meet strict work deadlines and take ownership of your role, work well both independently and be passionate about teamwork, while fostering excellent client relations. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as attention to detail.
Ideal candidates should, but are not required to, possess:
· Accounting degree (preferably BA/BS)
· CPA or CPA candidate
· Two years of financial statement preparation or comparable experience
· Knowledge of GAAP and insurance accounting principles
· Statutory or alternative market insurance accounting experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
Interested applicants should forward a copy of their resume, professional qualifications and salary history to:
USA Risk Group
Attn: Human Resources
2386 Airport Road
Barre, VT 05641
You may also apply online by clicking here.